Before you figure out how to disable or enable pop-up blocking, you should understand what is meant by this concept.
This phenomenon may be three kinds:
- Advertisingbuilt in by the site owner. Often it is useful due to the fact that it coincides with the theme of the site or is interconnected with it.
- Annoying advertising and spam. This phenomenon is caused by the fact that the computer is infected with a malicious virus.
- User interactions. Such windows are rare, but they are important for the full work with this site, for example, a window with captcha for authorization, a dialog box with confirmation of an action or operation, an enlarged image.
Thus, the solution to the problem is often full or selective blocking, but sometimes an exception list may come in handy.
Google Chrome Ads
According to standard settings, the Google Chrome browser blocks ads, but this function can disable.
Disable or enable, if necessary, the above function can be in the following way:
- We launch Google Chrome browser
- In the upper right corner of the screen, we find the button "Yet" and click
- Here we select the menu "Settings»,
- At the bottom of the page, select "Additional»,
- Next, go to the "Privacy and security", and then "Content Settings»,
- Go to the item "Popup windows»And set the switch to the desired position.
Configure Yandex browser
Yandex.browser is quite new, but it also has a built-in function of full or partial blocking of advertising.
In order to disable or allow similar components, as well as add individual sites to the exclusion list, the first step is to go to browser options. This button is located in the upper right corner of the screen, and clicking on it will open a menu where you should find a section with additional settings.
Here you will need to go to the “Personal Data Protection", and then "Content Settings" This will open a separate section with the settings, where the desired block is located “Popup windows”.
Here you can enable either disable ban all browsed sites, and set a list of exception sites.
Opera Browser allows you to manage such ads in two ways.
Option 1. You need to click on the Opera logo in the upper left corner, which will open the menu list. Here you need the item “Settings” — “Fast” — “Popup windows”.
Option 2. If the top line or the “ruler” of the main menu is enabled in the browser, then you can go to the pop-up windows through the “Instruments”.
Settings in Mozilla Firefox
Firefox, by default, automatically blocks such ads, however this function can be controlled. To do this, you need to go the way “Instruments” — “Settings” — “Content” — “Block popups”
Here, if necessary, you can specify the site an exception or ask a list of them.
Changes in Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is quite old and it was from it that many subsequent browsers adopted the blocking function in question. You can control this process in this browser. in the following way:
- Open the item “Service", and then "Browser properties”,
- After that, click on “Confidentiality", Then to"Pop-up Blocker"And eventually open the menu"Options”,
- Here in the “Lock level”You can set the desired parameters.