We live in a society. We are surrounded by people everywhere: at work - colleagues, neighbors live next to us, every day we talk and just with strangers, and also with friends and household. Therefore, it is very important to be able to build communication with each person, regardless of who we are.
A culture of behavior has been appreciated at all times, and is valued now. Since childhood, each of us has been familiar with such a concept as etiquette. But are you sure that you know exactly what we need etiquette for? In essence, etiquette is the rules of behavior of people in society. Etiquette is needed so that people feel comfortable next to each other. If you delve into the rules of conduct, then there are a lot of them. As they say, in every situation you need to be able to behave appropriately. A well-mannered person respects not only himself, but everyone around him.
1. In a stuck elevator you can sit forever
Fact: in the “Regulation on the system of scheduled preventive repairs of elevators” it is said that emergency maintenance work is carried out during the time interval agreed upon with the organization-owner of the elevator. At the same time, the passenger’s release time should not exceed 30 minutes. Regulation on the system of scheduled preventive repairs of elevators. .
In theory, you can get stuck in an elevator for no more than half an hour. But in practice, there are different cases. The story of a Chinese woman who died in an elevator is known. On January 30, mechanics turned off the elevator, and a month later they removed a dead body from it. However, the likelihood of quick arrival of rescuers is still much higher.
In most cases, the length of time in the elevator is determined by the human factor. This may be negligence of staff or objective problems. For example, there is one mechanic working on the site, who simultaneously receives a call from several houses.
Rules of behavior
We are used to the fact that using the elevator is convenient. Modern designs provide their reliable protection. But only highly qualified specialists can install the elevator correctly, observing all the nuances, promptly and, most importantly, efficiently. A defective elevator must not be used. If you notice something was amiss, you should call the craftsmen, who, using spare parts for elevators, will fix it.
Now let's talk about how to behave properly in the elevator. It is precisely in the elevator that often completely unfamiliar people are next to us. All of them require respect for themselves, even if you do not feel sympathy for them. Follow the simple rules of conduct in the elevator:
- If there are a lot of people gathered at the elevator, you need to offer to form a line and follow it when entering the elevator.
- Ladies are usually skipped ahead. But if you are a man and are at work, then having waited your turn to go to the elevator, you can not let women go forward.
- A woman should definitely thank the man who let her forward into the elevator.
- Do not try to squeeze into the elevator, even if you are late. Be patient, wait for the next elevator. Such a seemingly simple situation very well shows a man’s manners.
- If you are in the elevator together, you should stand at the opposite walls of the cabin. If the elevator has three or four people, it is worth taking a seat in the corners of the cab. When there are five or more people in the elevator, it is worth spreading throughout the cabin so as not to touch each other and not to interfere with people standing nearby.
- In the elevator car stands facing the door.
- If someone comes out before you, you need to let the person go to the door.
Also, communication with people in the elevator is not excluded. To do this, it is important to be friendly and polite towards others who are with you in the elevator car.
No less popular annoying factors
In more detail, forty-three point-two, one-tenths of the respondents claimed that they would lose their temper when they become participants in someone’s conversations, without any kind of consent to it. It is for this reason that they are annoyed by a person talking on a cell phone while traveling with other people in an elevator car.
Another thirty-nine point four percent of office workers surveyed are very annoyed when other elevator passengers do not respect the unspoken boundaries of other people's personal space. This is especially frustrating when a person stepping into an almost empty elevator becomes almost point blank for another passenger, despite the fact that there is still a lot of space in the elevator.
Nearly ten percent of office workers surveyed complained that people who ride in the elevator do not hold the cab doorif it starts to close for another potential elevator passenger who has not yet had time to enter.
It is worth noting that despite the fact that all three main factors that annoy people when moving in an elevator take place to be, most people still commit such acts, and in most cases on a purely intuitive level.
So, a scientist at the University of North Carolina, named Lee Gray, did a little research on how people get in elevators. It turned out that this process is very similar to how they are located in the subway: as the space fills up, people occupy places that will be as far away from other people as possible. According to the researcher, this is due to the fact that they subconsciously try to avoid any, even a very distant hint of intimacy. It is worth noting that only one place in the world in which this subconscious action manifests itself more vividly is the public men's toilet.
4. If the elevator is stuck, jump, hit the walls, press all buttons
Fact: if you are stuck in an elevator, you can help yourself in only one way: calm down and contact the dispatcher. After that, relax and have fun, because the Universe gave you a few minutes of free time.
If communication with the dispatcher is not established, a mobile phone will help you. If the emergency telephone is written in the elevator, call it. If not, contact your loved ones.
If the phone doesn’t catch, draw more air into your lungs and shout loudly. People outside can hear and help you.
In no case do not try to get out of the elevator yourself - this is deadly.
7. Elevator doors, if you exit it, always close automatically
Fact: many freight elevators have a metal sash between the doors. Raising the lever above it and sliding the sash, you will lock the elevator in the open position.
In addition, the “Cancel” button can open the elevator doors. To prevent the doors from closing, keep it pressed for 8 to 15 seconds (depending on the model of the elevator). Therefore, when you bring a lot of things into the cabin, it is not necessary to support the doors with your foot.
Also, modern elevators are equipped with optical interference sensors. By sealing the sensor with tape, you will prevent the doors from closing.
9. In elevators with a missing button for faster closing of doors you need to be content with standard speed
Fact: firstly, the button itself does not increase the speed of closing the doors, but only approximates the moment of their closing. Secondly, in many elevators, you can accelerate the closing of doors by pressing the button on the floor you are traveling to. Thirdly, in many elevators this button can be activated only in emergency situations.
10. Most accidents in the elevator occur due to the fall of the cab
Fact: the first ever death due to a fall in the elevator occurred only in 2012 in Thailand, Elevator safety. .
People die in elevators for other reasons: a falling floor, an attempt to get out of a stuck elevator on their own, the need for a person stuck in an elevator for emergency medical care.
Out of service life may cause the door to malfunction, the elevator ready to go with the doors open, and the internal lining of the elevator to ignite due to a short circuit. The elevator requires constant inspection and lubrication of safety components. One worker accounts for more than 100 lifts per month.
12. If you jump in a falling elevator at the moment of contact with the ground, you can survive
Fact: a person is not able to jump at the speed needed to compensate for the speed of fall. In addition, it is impossible to find out the moment of landing. You can increase the chances of survival by hanging on the handrails (if any). It is also recommended to lie on the floor, distributing body weight as widely as possible.
Communication in the elevator implies:
- A polite greeting or perhaps a compliment if you know the person.
- A friendly smile that removes tension.
- A common question: "What is your floor?"
- It is quite possible for easy communication on neutral topics: about the weather, the football game, the latest news.
In the elevator it is strictly forbidden:
- inspect passengers for a long time,
- to impose on satellites a conversation in which they do not want to participate,
- talk on the phone (it is better for the person who called you to call back when you leave the elevator).
Remember that the cultural behavior in the elevator will help you in everyday communication with people. And knowledge of how to behave in a particular situation will distinguish you from other people. Indeed, it is always pleasant to communicate with a cultured person.
Share the link with your friends: