Insects belong to the same class of stinging insects. The sting is a modified ovipositor, so only females bite. When the abdominal muscles contract, the sting pierces the skin, poison is instantly injected. The immune system responds to damage to the skin, the ingress of toxic substances by edema, pain, redness, swelling.
You can determine whether a wasp or a bee has bitten, according to one important feature. A bee in the wound leaves a sting, no wasp. The bee sting has notches, looks like a saw. It penetrates the body easily, but does not have the ability to move in the opposite direction. The insect makes a jerk, the sting comes off together with part of the abdomen, continues to pulsate, inject poison. A bee dies in a few minutes.
The wasp sting is smooth, resembles a large needle. Freely sticks into the skin, easily removed. In one attack, the insect can sting up to 5 times, after which it flies free.
You can find out if a wasp or a bee stung, according to the sensations, external manifestations of allergies. Wasp venom is stronger, more toxic. After a bite, a local allergic reaction instantly develops. If the insect stings in the neck, the poison quickly enters the bloodstream, and common allergy symptoms develop. Bee venom can cause pronounced local manifestations, rarely provokes a strong reaction. An exception is people with individual intolerance to bee venom.
If we compare who stings harder - a wasp, a bee or a bumblebee, the first place in terms of pain, danger is given to a bumblebee bite, and the last place is a bee. Wasps prevail in the frequency of bites, because they differ in aggressive behavior. Any sudden movement is regarded as an encroachment on life, rush to attack.
Outwardly, the manifestations are practically no different. It is difficult to assess the degree of pain, if a wasp or a bee stings for the first time, there is nothing for a person to compare. The bite looks like this:
- center point with a small indentation,
A photo of a bee or wasp sting is presented below. You can carefully consider all the features of the traces of the attack of striped insects.
If a wasp, a bee stings in the leg, injects poison into the arm, the entire limb swells. With a bite in the neck, face, tongue, the likelihood of swelling of the larynx increases. In severe cases, Quincke's edema develops. In the absence of qualified assistance, a person runs the risk of dying. If the bees have bitten or a swarm of wasps attacked, the dose of poison in the blood increases significantly, anaphylactic shock can occur.
A severe allergic reaction provokes:
- violation of coordination of movement,
- blurred consciousness
- visual impairment
- lowering blood pressure
- pallor of the skin,
- pupil constriction
- difficulty breathing, shortness of breath,
- increased sweating
At home, it is allowed to treat a wasp or bee sting with a local allergic reaction. If there is a deterioration in well-being, difficulty breathing, the larynx swells, you need to immediately call an ambulance or go to the sanitary inspection room accompanied by other people.
First aid for a bee or wasp sting
After an insect attack, certain actions must be performed to avoid complications, to reduce the manifestations of allergies.
- Rinse the wound with clean cold water. The procedure will help wash away the remnants of the poison, remove dirt. At home, use laundry soap.
- Sanitize. Use ammonia, medical, boric alcohol. As well as hydrogen peroxide, a medicinal herbal tincture of medicinal herbs.
- Neutralize the action of the poison. Apply vinegar, citric acid. To prepare the solution, 1 teaspoon of vinegar or 0.5 teaspoon of acid is introduced into a glass of water. They wipe the sore spot, make lotions, compresses. If it is not possible to prepare a solution, apply a piece of sugar for 5 minutes.
- Prevent the poison from spreading. Ice cubes are applied to the bite for 5 minutes or cold objects - a bottle of water, meat from the freezer, heating pad. Cold constricts blood vessels, prevents the spread of poison, and also relieves swelling, eliminates pain.
- Reduce inflammation. You can handle the bite with a decoction, tincture of calendula, chamomile, valerian. Or use pharmacy drugs.
With a severe allergic reaction, you need to take an antihistamine, as soon as possible. Be sure to drink the medicine with multiple bites, if the wasp, bee stings in the neck, face.
Symptoms disappear completely within a week. All this time, the sore spot hurts, itches. To accelerate tissue regeneration, folk remedies are used. They are also used if it is not possible to treat the wound with professional antiseptics.
- Baking soda. Make a paste. Add a little water, mix, apply to the site of the bite until dry.
- Laundry soap. You need to smear a bite with foam. Leave on for 5 minutes.
- Plant juices. Apply celandine, dandelion, plantain, aloe vera.
- Toothpaste. For therapeutic purposes, use a hygiene product with menthol. Leave on the skin for 5 minutes. Instead of paste, shaving foam is used.
- Onion. Squeeze the juice or put gruel on the sore spot. The tool neutralizes the poison, prevents the penetration of infection.
Juices of potato, carrot, beetroot, lemon, grapefruit possess anti-inflammatory property. Make compresses, lotions, just wipe the wound.
Preparations with a normal reaction to a bee or wasp sting
Use a product based on natural ingredients, herbal extracts, essential oils.
- Menovazine. Produced in the form of ointment, solution. Menthol and 2 painkillers. Relief occurs at the time of application. Process up to 4 times a day.
- Calendula. Apply ointment, solution. It has anti-inflammatory, decongestant, antipruritic, disinfecting, analgesic properties.
- Star. As part of camphor balm, clove oil, mint, menthol, and other natural ingredients. The tool eliminates painful symptoms, stops inflammation, accelerates tissue regeneration. It should be smeared from redness, pain, itching, inflammation.
- Boro Plus. Antiseptic cream based on oils, extracts of herbs. It smells good, helps quickly. A universal drug is allowed to be applied if necessary up to 5 times a day.
If within 2 days there is no improvement in the condition of the skin, agents are used to reduce the activity of histamines.
Active components reduce the level of histamine, stop the pathological process, eliminate the symptoms of allergies. Apply a thin layer twice a day. Contraindication is individual intolerance to the components. Do not use for longer than 7 days. To enhance the effect, take tablets, syrup, drops for oral administration.
The average price of 300 rubles. They are released without a prescription.
With a strong allergic reaction, as well as if antihistamines do not help, hormones are prescribed.
Active substances are hormones from the group of glucocorticosteroids. They act similarly to antihistamines, but 4 times faster. They lower histamine activity, increase blood pressure, reduce vascular permeability, and eliminate external symptoms of allergies. It is forbidden to process a bite of a wasp or a bee without expert advice.
Tablets for oral administration Prednisolone, Dexamethasone. The dosage is selected depending on age. Adult - up to 3 pieces per day. The course of therapy depends on the complexity of the symptoms.
Ointment from bites of wasps and bees:
Contraindication to use is the presence of individual intolerance to the components. The cost of hormonal drugs from 50 rubles. up to 500 rub. The cheapest hydrocortisone ointment, its price is within 50 rubles.
What should not be done
After a bite, it is forbidden to squeeze out poison, since such actions contribute to the spread of a toxic substance, the penetration of a secondary infection. It is forbidden to scratch a wound, rub for the same reason. Do not drink alcohol. Alcoholic beverages dilate blood vessels, increase blood circulation, thereby contributing to the spread of poison throughout the blood.
Means to relieve inflammation with a wasp sting
When pathogens enter the wound, a secondary infection develops. At the site of the bite, suppuration, sores, and inflammation increase. In this case, it is forbidden to use hormonal external agents. Treatment is carried out with local antibiotics. An effective, affordable remedy is Levomekol, Tetracycline ointment. And they also use combined hormonal agents with an antibiotic content - Elokom C, Fluorocort.
The benefits of a bite
Treatment with bees or wasps is used in alternative medicine. The poison contains substances that accelerate metabolic processes, tissue rejuvenation, cell renewal. A toxic substance reduces blood pressure, which is useful for hypertensive patients. Bee venom has an analgesic, anti-inflammatory property, therefore it is often used to treat radiculitis, vertebral hernia, and other diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
Wasp poison has the properties to stop the development of the tumor, to renew cells. The poison of the Brazilian wasp is used in alternative medicine for the treatment of prostate cancer, gall bladder. Further studies are ongoing. Specialists hope to get an effective anti-cancer drug based on wasp venom in the future.
Specific treatment should be carried out under the supervision of specialists, self-treatment can lead to serious consequences.
After a wasp sting, bees in the body produce antibodies that resist the development of severe allergies in the future. However, in people with impaired immune system function, addiction does not occur. Each subsequent bite is more dangerous than the previous one. A vaccine is administered to prevent severe allergies. It is a purified poison, which contains a low amount of histamine. It is impossible to cure intolerance to wasp venom completely, periodically revaccination should be done.
Bee sting harm and human reaction
Carrying it out, instinctively she defends herself, dying at the same time. The poison that gets under the skin along with the sting spreads in the blood. Depending on the reaction of an individual, the consequences are of a different nature. The presence of redness and slight swelling of the damaged area is considered normal.
Why can they sting?
The uninformed may mistakenly identify a bee and wasp sting. First, wasps do not leave a sting and can sting many times. A hard-working bee can only bite once, leaves its “tool” and dies. Secondly, the character of wasps is more aggressive than bees.
The risk of a "buzzing wound" is increased in the following situations:
- The sharp aroma of perfume, alcohol, spices. During outdoor recreation, in the village, visiting a beekeeper Avoid unnecessarily aromatizing yourself.
- Wrong behavior in the vicinity with an interested bee: waving hands, screaming, trying to kill her. It will be rational to "freeze" with your head covered or calmly hide in the room. No need to try to run! This increases the degree of its aggressiveness.
- Being in the apiary near the hives. A buzzing toiler can even accidentally end up nearby if a person abruptly falls into the trajectory of her departure from the "house". Novice beekeepers should be dressed in long-sex clothes, a mask and high gloves. Be sure to accompany a specialist at the same time.
- Pumping honey bees in nearby territory. During this period, even the kindest of them turn into attacking aggressors. Knowing about taking honey from a neighbor in the country, it is better not to go outside for several days, adhere to safety rules.
- Barefoot walks outdoors, in the village, especially when there are apiaries nearby. Aged or damaged honey miners no longer fly. Finishing the life cycle, they crawl on the ground. You can accidentally step on your foot. There is a high risk of this situation for children. Strongly increases after inspection of the hives by a specialist beekeeper or pumping out honey.
Why remove the sting and how to remove it?
The little bee-worker has an individual defense mechanism. It includes a stinging “needle” and associated poisonous glands. In a calm state, the tip is hidden in its body. In case of danger, it pierces the enemy.
If the opponent is another insect, then such a “duel will not prove fatal for the honey hunter. During interaction with animals and humans, its small notches pierce the victim. A bee breaks out, leaving part of the glands at the opposite end of the “gun”, dying in this case.
Skin sting removal
The longer the "poisonous protection tool" is under the skin, the deeper it sticks, the more the amount of poison directly into the blood increases. Troubles are also increased by the risk of inflammation of the bite, due to the presence of a foreign body in the skin.
The sting has gained a well-known appearance and functionality during evolution. The "prehistoric" bees in its place had a tube through which they laid their eggs.
First Aid Medical Measures
Most often, adults know how their body reacts to a bee sting. With a child, the situation has an unknown outcome. In any case, primary actions must be carried out quickly. The degree of spread of toxic substances through the blood of the affected person depends on this.
- Get rid of the sting immediately. It is better to do this with sterile forceps or clean, sanitized hands. It is important that no residues remain under the skin. Otherwise, and if dirt gets into the wound, inflammation is inevitable.
- Soak a clean cloth or gauze with ammonia or ethyl alcohol, vinegar, a solution of soda or potassium permanganate. Attach to the wound. Keep as long as possible, repetition is possible. This minimizes pain, disinfects and inhibits the development of puffiness.
- Can flush damaged area body soap (better than the economic 72%) and apply ice.
How to treat and smear: medicines, ointments and gels
With severe itching of a bitten place on the skin, you can try to remove it. It is necessary to anoint with fenistil-gel, psilo-balsam, hydrocortisone ointment. Read how much and how to smear in the instructions. An important condition: you can not scratch the inflamed area!
Ointment fenistil gel
- At the risk of severe allergies, take an antihistamine. Some allergy sufferers carry a syringe and appropriate medicine for injection.
- Abundant warm drink and bed rest.
- The control body temperature. With chills without fever, take a sedative or anti-stress medication. If you have a fever, drink an antipyretic.
- The control pulse and blood pressure.
- With a severe allergic reaction, urgently see a doctor.
- Artificial respiration and performing indirect heart massage, if necessary.
Bee sting in the head, neck, arm
A bite in the head or neck is much more dangerous than a bite in the arm or leg, for example. So, if an individual responds normally to bee venom, then in this situation the degree of allergization increases.
The aggravation of symptoms is due to the presence of a large number of blood vessels, including large ones, lymph nodes, nerve endings and vital points. As a result of stinging in the neck or head, severe weakness, rapid heartbeat and breathing, development of fever, urticaria, neuritis, seizures, and even Quincke edema are possible.
Urgently seek specialized medical care.
Bee venom in the eye
At first glance, a bite in an eyelid does not threaten anything but its edema. Eye may swell. The result can be severe diseases of the ocular apparatus, which cause loss of vision.
These include inflammation of the eyelids, mucous membranes, purulent inflammation of the eye tissues, cataracts and glaucoma.
Eye swelling with a bite
If such a dangerous situation arises, you can’t hesitate, use folk methods and hope that “it will pass by itself”.
Treatment and observation by a professional ophthalmologist.
Briefly about bees
Many confuse hymenoptera bites: bumblebees, wasps, hornets. They have a sting, but the bee always leaves it in the bite and at the same time dies. Wasps are able to sting repeatedly. In this case, the action of wasp venom or hornet is always stronger than bees. But this does not exclude dangerous conditions even after a single sting. Therefore, the question, how many bites of bees is dangerous, incorrect, it depends not only on the intensity of the poison, but also on the personal reaction of the victim.
The sting of the bee remains in the skin and the poison continues to flow through it, so the sooner it is removed, the better. In home apiaries, insects sting in exceptional cases and are not too painful. In the wild, there are more "evil" individuals, but they will not climb to a person without the need.After all, every bee dies when it leaves a sting after a bite - does it need it? Of course not, but protecting her home, she takes extreme measures.
Workers collect pollen from plants and trees. They are equipped with a protective tool - a sting. Drones, males, have no sting. The list of common stinging bees includes:
- carpenter bee - has a specific appearance. Her wings give off a blue-violet sheen, and her body is black. The black bee has a peaceful disposition, but can sting if it feels threatened
- earth bee - also known as andrena. Its dimensions do not exceed 1.5 cm. Builds nests in sandy soil,
- dark forest - melliferous individual. The name of the breed varies: European, Central Russian. Actively bred by beekeepers.
How to remove swelling and swelling
A bite to other parts of the body is not so dangerous, but the consequences are purely individual. In addition to harm, entailing bee stinging in the facial area, it also causes a number of cosmetic problems.
There is a strong swelling of the lips, nose, cheeks, chin, ear with the corresponding "wound". Trouble makes you postpone meetings and events. Especially painful is the situation with the female sex.
On average, the tumor lasts 2-3 days. Its reduction entails an unpleasant itch, as with the healing of any other wound.
Timely use of an appropriate cold compress helps, the alternate use of several local antipyretic drugs (for example, alternating alcohol lotions with soda), ice, antihistamines and anti-inflammatory folk remedies (for example, herbal tea) reduces the degree of swelling and accelerates recovery.
When a bee stings what to do
To reduce the harm from a bee sting, first aid should be given. If a person has an allergy, the victim should be urgently taken to the hospital. Sometimes anaphylactic shock after a bee sting develops within a few minutes, and a person can die. Especially dangerous are situations where a bee sting occurred to the head. In this case, you need to immediately begin treatment measures:
- pull out the sting
- lay the victim on a horizontal surface with his legs raised,
- treat the wound with a non-alcoholic antiseptic - potassium permanganate, hydrogen peroxide, chlorhexidine,
- turn your head to the side, make sure there is breathing, if it is absent, breathe from mouth to mouth,
- in the absence of a pulse, an indirect heart massage is performed.
In some cases, the victim retains clarity of creation and can breathe. Then he is offered antihistamines in an increased dosage - Suprastin, Diazolin, Zodak, Tavegil, Loratadin. Due to an allergic reaction, medication should be started immediately. The victim injects adrenaline into a vein and other hormones - use hydrocortisone, prednisone.
If you called an ambulance and provided the necessary information, do not wait idly by. Use cooling lotions and compresses. Parsley leaves, which are ground and applied to the affected area, will be able to relieve pain and discomfort. Wipe off swelling is able to wipe with ammonia solution.
You can not drink alcohol after a bite - alcoholic drinks exacerbate the symptoms. The previous intake of alcohol contributes to the rapid spread of edema. If the sting was in the hand, the palm may swell. To prevent this, apply ice. Similarly, when apitoxin enters the leg. When stung in a finger, it is immersed in cold water.
Bee stings are especially dangerous during pregnancy and in childhood. In such cases, you must always call an ambulance. If the child’s temperature rises, give antipyretic and analgesic analgesics. During pregnancy, systemic drugs are not used without the consent of the doctor.
Especially severe reactions are given by bites in the genitals, in the neck, in the tongue. If the stinging has occurred in the penis, the pain can be unbearable. In this case, you should immediately contact a doctor. Any non-narcotic analgesic and short-term cold on the penis can reduce pain and alleviate the condition. When a puncture occurs on the lip or cheek, the entire face swells. If the sting is in the eyelid, the eye swims. Soft tissues swell, red spots appear on the face.
How much swelling goes on depends on how many individuals have bitten. To eliminate the symptoms of a bee sting will help "Fenistil" or "Rescuer." To remove the poison should drink more. It is also useful to treat the skin after a bite with a cream or ointment to relieve itching. In the case when the bee stung in the face or eye, take "Diphenhydramine".
How to treat a bee sting
In a hospital, severe allergic reactions are treated with an adrenaline solution. To normalize pressure and reduce heart rate, appropriate drugs are used. As such, an antidote does not exist, but antihistamines neutralize apitoxin. With allergies, the lethal dose is minimal, and anaphylactic shock can occur within a few minutes. This is facilitated by severe edema, due to which air does not begin to enter the lungs, and after a bee sting death occurs. If medical care is provided in a timely manner, relief will come on the second day.
Cold will help remove itching and swelling. You can use ice or cold water for these purposes. A proven remedy recommended for bee stings is soda solution. Aloe leaves will also help. Effective ointments from a bee sting - “Fenistil” in the form of a gel, “Rescuer” balm, “Akriderm” cream. Antihistamine ointments relieve irritation, and with suppuration, Levomikol helps. If the wound becomes inflamed, Vishnevsky's ointment will help out.
How to relieve irritation from a bee sting
Using iodine with vinegar is impractical. Hydrogen peroxide is suitable for disinfection. A strong decoction of chamomile is able to cure skin inflammation. Folk remedies for bee stings also suggest the use of coltsfoot, calendula, dandelion. From a bee sting, they treat with a frayed plantain leaf.
If the lymph nodes become inflamed, drinking plenty of herbal teas - chamomile, green - is recommended. In the treatment of the dermatological consequences of bee stings, crushed activated carbon helps. Acetylsalicylic acid is intended to relieve itching and redness from a bee sting. It has soothing and healing properties, relieves swelling and swelling. The tablet is crushed and filled with a glass of water. Continue treatment after a bite until the swelling from the bee decreases.
What is a bee sting dangerous?
How many bee stings can cause paralysis of the respiratory system, which is fatal to humans? Statistics say that after 250 stings, a fatal outcome is possible, but more hardy people withstand 300 and 500 stings. And sometimes death comes from one bee sting. Of particular danger is a bee sting for a child. It is important to quickly remove the sting of the bee and to prevent the ingress of a large amount of poison.
Speaking about the consequences after a bee sting, one cannot but mention dermatological problems: severe itching, rashes, persistent allergic reactions. More dangerous complications of a bite are inflammation of the lymph nodes. Other consequences of a bee sting persist for a short time and pass quickly with adequate therapy.
How to Avoid Bee Stings
In reasonable doses, apitoxin has a beneficial effect on the human body. But to practice apitherapy, without making sure that there is no allergy, is impossible. Bee stings are safe only if the person is healthy and not intolerant.
In order not to become a victim of an angry swarm, you should know that bees sting only in case of threat. You can’t wave your hands near the bee’s nest. Also, insects react negatively to the smells of alcohol, perfumes.
You can get rid of the bee nest on the site using insecticides. But there is a more humane way: to put on personal protective equipment, to smoke a nest with a hole, to bring a swarm along with the "house" into the forest. But such manipulations are within the power of a specialist, it is more important to remember what to do in order not to anger insects. So, they try to be less close to the nest, not to walk barefoot and not eat in the immediate vicinity. It is almost impossible to prevent the appearance of insects on the site, but Hymenoptera is non-aggressive and can benefit the garden by pollinating plants.
If the bee bit the baby
The danger of initial contact with a bee lies in the unknown reaction of the child's body and its helplessness. Most often, there is no acute allergy.
Going on vacation or in nature, it is good to have a first-aid kit with a baby antihistamine, anti-allergenic and anti-inflammatory ointment, ethyl or ammonia for compresses.
The consequences of a child bite
Citric acid or a dissolved aspirin tablet are also suitable. It is good if there is a special tool that temporarily protects against insect bites. However, in a situation with a child, you need to use it very carefully, in small doses, avoiding application to the hands and face. Be sure to read the contraindications.
What to do and how to get rid of the consequences
When a shock occurs, the following actions are performed:
- Remove stingmake a cold compress.
- If possible apply a tourniquet indicating the time to complete this action. The operation is performed to prevent the spread of toxic substances through the blood system.
- To call ambulance.
- Provide bed rest in compliance with the rule “legs above the head”, to provide air access.
- If poison enters the oral cavity and mucous membranes, carefully rinse with water.
- Damaged area chop adrenalinedissolved in saline in a ratio of 1 to 10. When administering adrenaline intramuscularly, observe the acceptable dosage of 0.1 ml / year, while you can not enter a one-time more than 0.5 ml.
If it is known that the child is allergic, in an open area, you must follow the safety rules. It is necessary to have soft clothes that fit tightly and cover the body as much as possible, wear a hat, do not walk barefoot, carefully use a protective tool, and be extremely careful and attentive during games and eating food. In order to prevent dangerous situations special vaccinations are possible.
Treatment with folk remedies at home
Homemade herbal remedies and herbal medicines are excellent helpers in the implementation of primary and subsequent actions aimed at reducing swelling and inflammation.
- Cold packs. You can apply citric acid or aspirin. Shredded activated carbon is suitable. Acetic, alcohol or soda solutions are effective.
The benefits of bee removal. How does it help?
A substance called bee venom has a certain benefit and is represented by the composition of a large number of elements:
- amino acids
- mineral components.
Some proteins (hyaluronidase and phospholipase), amines (histamine), peptides (melitinn) influence the development of allergies. At the same time, these components, along with the others, favorably affect the human body. Each of them has different properties.
What is the beneficial effect for humans
- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect.
- Sedative Effect.
- Normalization blood pressure and improved heart function.
- Stabilization hormonal background.
- General protective functions organism.
At the same time, the constituent components functionally treat many diseases.
- Blood thinner, reduce coagulation, prevent clogging of blood vessels.
- Improve resorption wounds, scars, adhesions.
- Stabilize work the kidneys.
- Reduce symptomatology with arthrosis, radiculitis, osteochondrosis.
- Contribute to safe work nervous system.
- They have an effect in the treatment of female and male ailments genitourinary system.
- Affect the fight with overweight.
The direction of traditional medicine, studying and practicing treatment with the help of "sweet" insects is called "apitherapy."
When resorting to this technique, it is important:
- Own a medical report about the presence of allergies in principle, about the reaction to one-time and massive bee stings.
- Address only experienced professionals in this area and be observed by them.
All processes resulting from the interaction of this hardworking insect with humans are purely individual. You need to be informed about the dangers and the state of your health, observe safety precautions and continue to love nature fully.