Cholesterol is an organic plan compound, which is based on a special blood lipid, characteristic of all animal organisms, their cells, without exception.
About 80% of the component comes from the gonads, through the work of a healthy liver and adrenal glands, and from the intestines. The rest of the substance enters the body along with the food consumed every day. If there is a failure in the body, you will need to increase or decrease the indicators.
It is worth knowing that in the human body there is not only good and useful cholesterol, but also bad, which is characterized by the exact opposite effect. Each type of substance needs to be studied in more detail, and it is also important to know how to quickly raise good cholesterol and lower your bad cholesterol.
The main types of cholesterol
In the blood of every person there are three main types of cholesterol. It can be general, as well as low and high density lipoproteins. High density lipoproteins have a function associated with the movement of fat cells throughout the body, followed by its breakdown.
In other words, they rid the body of a bad and dangerous substance, freeing veins and arteries, numerous vessels of the brain and heart from it.
There are lipoproteins that transport bad cholesterol to the liver, here it is converted to bile. To maintain health, everyone is striving to increase it.
Low density lipoproteins transport total cholesterol to individual organs and tissues of the body. It is this type of substance that causes a dangerous accumulation of cholesterol in the vessels, which causes serious problems in the functioning of the whole organism and in the cardiovascular system. All this is due to a decrease in good and an increase in bad cholesterol.
This is a problem that requires treatment, proper nutrition and a complete lifestyle change to lower the level of the substance.
Causes of pathology
A reduced level of cholesterol beneficial for the body is observed in people with various problems in the body. The main reason is poor absorption of fats due to a malfunction in metabolism. If a person eats foods rich in fats and low in carbohydrates, cholesterol problems cannot be avoided. Its decrease can be caused by a sharp transition to vegetarian food, with long-term use of statins.
There are certain diseases against which cholesterol can significantly decrease:
- Tuberculosis in various forms of development,
- Developing heart failure,
- Endocrine hyperthyroidism,
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis,
- The development of purulent sepsis,
- Different plan infectious diseases,
- Liver damage
- The development of pneumonia.
Strong cholesterol contributes to raising bad cholesterol endocrine system, chronic nervous tension and stress, poor nutrition.
Often, a decrease in beneficial cholesterol occurs in people suffering from anorexia and in athletes, usually in runners.
Low cholesterol can cause serious health problems. This can be the development of dangerous diseases and pathologies that significantly degrade the overall quality of life, and can also lead to death. To prevent this, you need to lower your elevated bad cholesterol by changing your lifestyle.
Diet for low cholesterol
To increase good cholesterol and lower bad, it is important to follow certain nutritional rules. Diet will significantly improve liver function, and it plays an important role in the regulation of cholesterol in the blood.
First of all, it will be necessary to limit the total consumption of excessive amounts of sugar, pastries, pasta, bread.
To effectively increase the amount of cholesterol in the diet of every day, you need to include the following products:
- Nuts, flax seeds, all kinds of fish, olive oil. All this normalizes the metabolism of cholesterol through a high amount of useful elements of Omega-3.
- Beetroot juice effectively supports the gallbladder. This body produces a large amount of bile that normalizes fat metabolism.
- Lard, caviar, egg yolks, beef liver, butter. In an acceptable amount, these products that carry beneficial cholesterol in the body normalize the digestive system. Beneficial nutrients will be maintained.
- In order to maintain the necessary level of cholesterol in the body and, if necessary, increase it, it is worth introducing such products as celery, bell pepper and cabbage into your daily diet. They are rich in essential vitamin C, which perfectly regulates cholesterol.
All these are useful products that must be present in the human diet. To obtain a positive result and a quick recovery, you just need to follow a certain dosage of these products, since their oversupply is able to lead to the exact opposite result.
Keeping a diet with high cholesterol is not difficult. All dishes are quite simple and understandable in preparation. It can be broths, simple soups with onions, carrots and potatoes. Minestrone soup, which consists of very healthy products - garlic, asparagus and various legumes is ideal for a diet.
To make it easier to navigate healthy dishes, it is worth considering popular options for dishes at different times of meals:
- Breakfast - porridge with toast and wholemeal bread is ideal. You can include a small amount of cottage cheese in the diet. A breakfast of boiled eggs or scrambled eggs will be helpful. From time to time you can pamper yourself with diet cheesecakes and pancakes.
- Lunch time - at this time you need to eat soups, the method of preparation of which was described above. They can also be cooked in beef tongue or chicken hearts. You can supplement them with liver pancakes, vegetable stews and stuffed vegetables. All these products contain not only cholesterol that is beneficial to humans, but also fatty acids and fat-soluble vitamins. You can diversify the menu using boiled breast with asparagus and broccoli garnish, carrot cake. As for drinks, it can be stewed fruit and green tea.
- Dishes for dinner. In the evening, a salad and various fresh vegetables are ideal. It can be not only standard carrots, cabbage and tomatoes, but also boiled beets, boiled chicken meat. To increase the beneficial qualities, it is worth adding olive oil, lemon juice and flax seeds to the salad. Ideally for a diet menu, steamed cooked fish, complemented by vegetables, is suitable. In the evening, you can also eat a healthy dessert - dried apricots with honey, cottage cheese with raisins, the main thing is not to have a cake.
In the process of preparing dietary foods, it is better not to use salt at all, it is already present in many products. Spice to use is quite acceptable. To get a positive result, you should drink plenty of water and green tea, completely eliminating the consumption of alcohol and strong coffee.
This diet alone can lead to normal cholesterol - increase good and lower bad.
If the lack of beneficial cholesterol is pronounced, if there is a lot of bad substance in the body, proper nutrition will need to be combined with the use of alternative methods of treatment.
Alternative methods of increasing cholesterol
The bulk of folk remedies is aimed at cleansing the liver and saturating the body with beneficial microorganisms and vitamins. The most effective is the application of the thistle infusion. The plant quickly removes toxins from the body, safely cleanses the liver, effectively optimizing its work.
Here are some more effective recipes for lowering blood cholesterol:
- A tablespoon of blackberry leaves should be poured with a glass of boiling water, insisted for 40 minutes, filtered and taken one third of the glass before meals, preferably three times a day. The recipe helps to quickly lower cholesterol,
- Effective juice from 200 grams of carrots, 300 grams of beets and 150 grams of celery. The juice is drunk at a time and is repeated only the next day. It’s ideal for cleansing the blood.
- Doctors advise using flaxseeds, previously crushed in a coffee grinder. The resulting powder can be added to a variety of dishes,
- You can reduce bad cholesterol with a powder made from linden flowers. To achieve the best result, you will need to take a small spoon three times a day. After a month of such treatment, cholesterol levels fully return to normal.
If traditional methods of treatment do not bring the proper result, the specialist will prescribe a medication regimen. Drugs are able to quickly increase beneficial cholesterol and lower dangerous cholesterol, that is, the patient quickly returns to normal.
Good and bad cholesterol
Before blaming cholesterol in all ills, it should be understood that it is of two types:
- LDL - low density lipoprotein - "bad cholesterol",
- HDL - high density lipoprotein - "good."
LDL is liquid and sticky in its structure, therefore it sticks to the walls of blood vessels, especially if they are damaged. The more worn out the vessels, the more likely the appearance of cholesterol plaques. HDL, on the contrary, is dense and hard, therefore, thanks to it, the vessels are cleaned.
The cause of various diseases is often a high amount of bad cholesterol and a low good. Therefore, if a person seeks to reduce the likelihood of atherosclerosis, to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke, he must know how to increase good cholesterol and lower bad cholesterol.
If you can reduce bad cholesterol in the blood by at least 1%, then the risk of heart attack and stroke also decreases by 1%, but increasing the level of good cholesterol will reduce these risks by 3%.
Diagnosis and norms of cholesterol
Everyone needs to know the level of cholesterol in the blood, especially after reaching the 45th birthday. It is easy to do. It is enough to contact the clinical laboratory and donate blood for the appropriate analysis (a simpler version of the rapid test can be purchased at the pharmacy). Before surrendering, the patient should give up smoking, alcohol and a number of medications, and the procedure itself is performed on an empty stomach.
For analysis, blood is taken from a vein, the result can be ready in a few hours. Cholesterol is measured in mmol / l or mg / dl, the norms for men and women are slightly different.
|2.2-4.8 mmol / L||1.68 mmol / l||1.9-4.5 mmol / L||1,42|
Change your habits
With a low level of good cholesterol, you first need to reconsider your habits. It is necessary to stop smoking, since nicotine lowers the level of good cholesterol and provokes the development of cardiovascular diseases.
Alcohol consumption should be minimized - strong alcohol should be eliminated, but one glass of good red wine can increase HDL levels and lower LDL.
In order to keep all organs and systems of the body healthy, one should not forget about physical activity. The best choice is regular exercise, not only in the form of sports, for example, swimming, cycling, but also visiting the gym, as well as dancing, active games - soccer or volleyball. Enough 40-60 minutes a day for the level of good cholesterol to begin to rise. However, the effect will be only with regular classes at least 3 times a week.
If such training is not possible due to overweight, then you can start with walking, start at 20 minutes and gradually increase the duration to 50-60 minutes.
With excess weight, HDL will gradually decrease in the process of losing weight. Subject to weight loss of 3 kg, the level of good cholesterol will increase by 1 mg / dts. For this, it will be necessary not only to revise your diet, but also to increase physical activity. You should not strive to lose weight too quickly - 1-2 kg per week will be an excellent achievement, in this case the weight will not return back, and the body will not suffer from sudden surges in blood sugar.
Since 20% of all cholesterol enters the body with food, nutritional correction can increase the level of healthy cholesterol.
First of all, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Increase your intake of the right fats. To do this, the diet should have avocado, olive oil, nuts, fatty fish, beans and legumes, flax seeds, fruits rich in fiber (apples, pears, plums), soybeans, dark chocolate, whole grains, liver, chicken and turkey meat .
- Refusal to use trans fats. Trans fats are a kind of pure bad cholesterol. Eating foods with it, we get deposits on the walls of blood vessels. They are found in confectionery and sausages, mayonnaise, margarine, spread, fast food products, fast food. Refusal of such products reduces the risk of heart attack and diabetes by half.
- 3 Increase your vitamin intake. Nicotinic acid (vitamin B3 or PP, niacin) can increase HDL levels faster than drugs. A large amount of it is found in eggs, dairy products, peanuts, mushrooms. If necessary, the doctor may prescribe niacin in the form of medicinal supplements.
- Beverages. It is best to exclude coffee from the diet and replace it with green tea, rich in polyphenols and antioxidants. Just 2-3 cups of green tea is enough for HDL levels to begin to rise. Cranberry juice rich in polyphenols will also be beneficial. Drinking 200 ml of fruit drink or juice for a month will help increase HDL levels by 7–9%.
Decreased HDL levels may occur due to the use of certain pharmacological agents. These include:
- Anabolic steroid,
- Beta blockers
If the patient uses such drugs, then a medical consultation is necessary, perhaps they can be replaced with natural remedies.
Ways to reduce low density lipoproteins
Elevated LDL requires nutritional adjustment, rejection of bad habits, sometimes its level decreases only with appropriate drug therapy.
First of all, you need to adjust the menu to exclude harmful products from it. Useful foods that can lower bad cholesterol include:
- chicken or turkey breast
- low-fat sour cream,
- vegetables and fruits,
- durum wheat paste,
- mineral water.
There are also products that can’t be consumed categorically, as the level of bad cholesterol will increase even more:
- fatty meats
- egg yolk,
- cream and cream cheese
- fried vegetables,
- carbonated drinks.
You can reduce bad cholesterol not only through dietary adjustments. The following recommendations will also contribute to this:
- Try to avoid stressful situations. Increasingly, doctors agree that stress provokes the appearance of atherosclerotic plaques on the vessels.
- Physical activity. Three workouts of 30 minutes a week are enough to start lowering LDL.
- Stop smoking and strong alcohol.
Alternative methods for lowering bad cholesterol
Traditional medicine also offers ways to lower bad cholesterol. There are many recipes, the most popular are:
- Infusion of hawthorn - 2 tbsp. l flowers pour 3 tbsp. boiling water and boil for 10 minutes, insist until cool and take 1 glass three times a day half an hour before meals.
- Melilotus officinalis. Take 4 tsp. herbs, pour 3 tbsp. boiling water, boil for 10 minutes and insist 2 hours. Drink 3 times a day 20 minutes before meals.
- Rowan. 2 tbsp. l fruits pour 600 ml of water and insist, drink 1 tbsp. before main meals.
- Pumpkin. It is necessary to include in the diet pumpkin seeds in an amount of at least 40-50 grams per day.
Cholesterol control in middle-aged people is very important. Timely measures to reduce bad or increase good cholesterol can reduce the likelihood of a heart attack and stroke and improve a person’s quality of life.
To quickly lower your bad cholesterol and boost good cholesterol, you should acquire certain habits:
- Daily sports
- Useful daily walks in the fresh air,
- It is advisable to observe the daily routine so that there is always time for a good rest
- Alcohol should be replaced with green tea, freshly squeezed juices, smoothies and milkshakes that do not contain sugar.
Already one of these useful habits may be enough to bring cholesterol to normal without the use of drugs. In this situation, you don’t have to recover and cleanse the liver from harmful medicinal toxins.
A malfunction of the body, leading to a violation of the amount of cholesterol in the body, can be quickly eliminated with all the tips listed above - a healthy lifestyle, proper nutrition and periodic treatment with folk remedies. Thus, you can quickly restore the general condition of the body.
How to lower bad cholesterol
Not all blood cholesterol is bad. In normalized values, all fractions of cholesterol are needed by the body. Total cholesterol is divided into:
- HDL - high density lipoproteins. This type of cholesterol is involved in the formation of new cells in the body, as well as in the synthesis of the main sex hormones - estrogen and testosterone. HDL also collects all residual cholesterol and delivers it to the liver for processing and elimination from the body using bile.
- VLDL - very low density lipoproteins. This type of cholesterol plays the role of transporting triglycerides throughout the body. In order for excess cholesterol not to be deposited on the walls of blood vessels, the indicators of this fraction should be in small quantities, without going beyond the norm.
- LDL - low density lipoproteins. Produced in the synthesis process from the previous fraction. They have high atherogenicity, which is why they increase the risk of developing atherosclerosis.
- Triglycerides. This fraction is also derived from VLDL. This is a person’s energy supply. But for the normal functioning of the entire body system, triglycerides should also be in small quantities.
Of these subgroups of cholesterol, only the first is considered "good," and the other three are nicknamed "bad" cholesterol, creating him a bad name.
Therefore, you need to lower the values of the last three fractions. This can be done with proper nutrition, lifestyle changes, or medications. Where exactly the attending physician will decide on the basis of the results of the lipidogram - a detailed analysis of the amount of total cholesterol in the blood, all its types and atherogenicity coefficient. The latter displays the ratio of all cholesterol fractions.
If the deviations of the lipid profile from the norm are small, then the doctor begins to reduce the low-density lipoproteins with nutrition adjustments.
The main principles of the diet are that the food should be fractional, the portions are small, and the number of meals per day should be at least five: breakfast, snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner.
Cooking, stewing or baking in the oven is given priority in cooking. No need to fry food or cook on open charcoal, grill, deep fat.
To reduce LDL, it is recommended to use:
- Vegetables and fruits in unlimited quantities, but not less than 400 grams per day,
- Any kind of fish (many people think that you can’t eat fatty fish, but this is not true, because it contains Omega-3, and increases HDL, thereby reducing LDL),
- Nuts and seeds (not fried),
- Vegetable oils
- Whole grain cereals
- Lean meats
- Dairy products with a low percentage of fat content.
From the list of allowed foods for cholesterol, the leaders in lowering LDL levels are leading:
- Fruits and berries of red and blue color (pomegranate, plum, black grapes, cranberries, blueberries, etc.),
- Sea fish,
Excluded from the diet completely:
- Fatty meats
- Peel of birds
- Products containing palm oil,
- Flour dishes from premium flour (especially with yeast),
- Semi-finished products,
- Canned food
- High-fat animal dairy products,
Limited to use:
- Sour cream,
- Chicken Yolk
- Durum wheat pasta.
The main principle of the diet should be a change in eating behavior in general, because first holding a diet and lowering cholesterol, and then returning to the previous diet, you can achieve a "swing effect". That is, decreased cholesterol can return to even greater values, as well as overweight.
You can prepare wonderful dishes from healthy products and get from them not only gastronomic pleasure, but also a healthy, fulfilling life.
Juice therapy to lower cholesterol
Lowering cholesterol with juices is not only effective, but also very tasty. The main principle for the preparation of juices is that they should be:
- Freshly squeezed - using a juicer, a blender or a regular grater (it is not necessary to strain the juices, it is better to use pulp),
- Not salted or sweetened
- Without the addition of flavor enhancers.
If the juice is too sweet or saturated, you can dilute it with water.
The fantasy in the manufacture of juices can be limitless, but for convenience and clarity, the following plan for the week is proposed:
- Carrot and celery
- Apple, tomato, lemon (10 ml of lemon juice in a glass of water),
- Carrot, beetroot,
- Grapefruit, radish juice (50 ml of juice can be mixed with water),
- Orange (morning and evening),
- Carrot, apple, lemon (50 ml),
- Pear, grapefruit.
All juices are recommended to drink one glass each.
In addition to flax, dill seeds are also included in this recipe. Both the first and second are needed in the amount of one glass. They are mixed in a heat-resistant dish, add a teaspoon of chopped valerian root and pour a liter of boiling water.
It is necessary to insist this mixture for a day. After this, this tincture is taken in a tablespoon before meals three times a day. If desired and there is no allergy to honey, you can add it to the cooled broth.
Garlic and Lemon Tincture
The head of garlic is peeled and ground in a blender with one lemon. Half a liter of warm water is poured into this mass and insisted for three days. When the tincture is ready, it is taken three times a day, 50 ml each.
Alfalfa seeds are poured with warm water and left overnight. In the morning they are covered with cling film. From time to time they need to be washed. After 3-4 days, alfalfa will sprout. Sprouted alfalfa is ground in a blender and taken in two tablespoons three times a day. Sprouted seeds can be stored in the refrigerator for no longer than ten days.
Rejection of bad habits
The largest percentage of strokes and heart attacks are smokers and people who abuse alcohol.
Nicotine and tar, which are part of tobacco products, daily clog vessels, creating microcracks of intima - the inner surface of blood vessels.
Microcracks create an excellent environment for sedimentation of low density lipoproteins. Every day, atherosclerotic plaque increases in size and thickens, forming into plaques. Over time, they calcify and form blood clots. And the vessels at the same time lose their elasticity and become hard. This increases their fragility and exit from working condition.
Blood clots tend to come off partially or completely. Floating in the bloodstream, a blood clot can become stuck in any organ, causing a heart attack: kidney, lung, heart. If a blood clot or atherosclerotic plaque blocks the blood vessels of the brain, a stroke occurs.
It often happens that the smoker simply coughs, and they do not even have time to deliver him to the hospital.
Alcohol also plays an evil role in the life of blood vessels. Abusing it, few people think about how harmful it affects the body, wearing out the vascular system of its adherents many times faster.
When drinking alcohol, redistribution of vascular pressure occurs in the body. The superficial vessels expand, and the internal vessels, thanks to which all organs are nourished, are lent, not supplying the necessary oxygen and nutrients to the body.
The same goes for drugs. But they need a completely different treatment.
Not the weakest drug attachment is considered and addiction to food. If a person does not eat properly, if he is fond of fatty foods, sweets, junk food and other unhealthy foods, then no diets will help him. Because having "exhausted" the set time on a diet, he will again return to malnutrition.
Diet, or rather, correction of eating behavior should be a way of life. Indeed, no less tasty dishes can be prepared from healthy products than food from a fast-food cafe. Over time, you can rebuild and enjoy gastronomic pleasure and health benefits at the same time.
Refusing bad habits will allow you to return to a healthy, fulfilling and happy life.
Exercise is very important. Not only for lowering cholesterol. For the whole body, for physical and mental health, it is very useful to perform daily exercises. Better yet, do your best sport. No wonder the saying was invented: movement is life!
During running, walking and doing physical exercises, the blood is saturated with oxygen. This allows the brain and all vital organs to function better.
In addition, metabolism, lipid metabolism improves. This means that the number of low density lipoproteins decreases, and the number of high density lipoproteins increases. Thus, with the help of exercise, you can fight cholesterol deposits.
There are people who cannot perform physical exercises. So you need to walk, making walks. Modern gadgets, such as smart watches, which count the number of steps, help track physical activity. The pedometer application is available for free, you can download it to your phone. Many doctors claim that walking is even healthier than running.
A five-minute exercise every morning will bear fruit in the form of a surge of strength, an improvement in overall well-being and good mood, after a couple of weeks of daily practice.
It’s important to start without waiting for Monday. Here and now. And make it a part of life.
Establishment of the nervous system
Failures of the nervous system are the cause of the development of so many diseases. Atherosclerosis is no exception. Nervous, a person provokes pressure surges in his body. This is fraught with dangerous consequences for atherosclerosis. After all, uneven pressure can cause the separation of a cholesterol plaque or blood clot.
In addition, nervous tension is the cause of insomnia and improper daily routines. This will affect the destructive food intake, which, in turn, will cause disturbances in lipid metabolism.
For patients who cannot cope with nervous shocks on their own, the doctor prescribes sedatives. Folk remedies are also good here, in the form of soothing herbs.
Modern pharmacology offers wonderful herbal compounds. Soothing packs are available in the form of tea bags. It is very convenient and time saving. In addition, you do not need to calculate the dosage of a component.
Also in the prevention and treatment of failures of the nervous system, breathing exercises have proven themselves well. It has a positive effect on the whole organism as a whole:
- Saturates the brain and all organs with oxygen,
- Improves the circulatory system,
- Helps a person quickly calm down.
There are entire collections of respiratory gymnastic exercises. Here are some of them:
- Focusing on normal deep breathing. Its essence is to concentrate on breathing and discard all other thoughts. Just control a deep breath and a long exhale.
- Short-term breath holding. For four seconds, inhale the air. Hold your breath for two seconds, and then breathe out gently for four seconds. And again, a two-second breath hold.
At first glance, breathing exercises seem absurd. But they have tremendous effectiveness in calming the nervous system.
Chronic disease therapy
Atherosclerosis often appears against the background of other diseases. Therefore, it is necessary to timely treat such chronic diseases as:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Diseases of the kidney, pancreas, liver,
- Autoimmune diseases
- Disorders of the hormonal system.
All these violations lead the vessels to fragility, which means they create a favorable environment for cholesterol deposits. By clogging the vascular lumen, cholesterol plaques can cause terrible consequences.
Therefore, it is important to treat the underlying pathology, against which atherosclerosis develops.
To do this, you must follow all the recommendations of the attending physician:
- Drink the necessary medicine
- Regularly monitor indicators (measure blood pressure, glucose and blood cholesterol),
- To refuse from bad habits,
- Increase motor activity.
It is impossible to lower cholesterol amid developing underlying disease. Only an integrated approach in therapy will give the expected results.
When all else fails: drugs
It happens that the patient regularly follows a diet, leads an active lifestyle, does not smoke or drink, but cholesterol levels are not reduced. This situation suggests that atherosclerotic lesions have a running course, and you can’t do without taking medications.
The most commonly prescribed medications are:
- Statins Drugs in this group block the production of cholesterol by the liver, respectively, low density lipoproteins are reduced, and high density lipoproteins increase. To date, treatment with statins is considered the most effective in preventing the development of atherosclerosis and lowering LDL. Some doctors find statin treatment unsafe, as they can have serious side effects. Therefore, the doctor first finds out all the subtleties of the anamnesis, and then selects a medicine from this group, taking into account the individual characteristics of the body. The main ones are:
- Fibrates. The drugs of this association help improve lipid metabolism by lowering LDL and increasing HDL, due to the redistribution of LDL into less dense and larger lipoproteins, which contributes to their rapid catabolism. If hypercholesterolemia is an isolated type, then the decrease in total cholesterol with the use of fibrates can reach 25 percent. Fibrates are most often used in the prevention of strokes and heart attacks. It:
- Sequestrants of bile acids. This group of drugs is used in the prevention of coronary heart disease and other heart diseases, as it reduces the level of LDL in the blood. It was actively used before the appearance of statins. At the moment, due to poor tolerance and lower efficiency than the group of statins, it is used less often. But still it is used as part of complex or auxiliary therapy. The mechanism of their action is based on the binding of cholesterol and bile acids. Thus, the liver, in order to produce a larger volume of bile, must expend more cholesterol, which means that the LDL level becomes lower. These are drugs such as:
- Wheel makers.
- A nicotinic acid. Preparations of this group belong to the class of vitamins. This vitamin is involved in many redox reactions, as well as in fat metabolism, in the metabolism of carbohydrates in living cells. Nicotinic acid is found in foods such as: bread (rye), mushrooms, pineapple, liver, kidneys, beets, buckwheat, beans, meat, mango. If the level of low density lipoproteins is too high, the use of drugs of this type is not effective. Niacin is involved in the metabolism of proteins, fats and amino acids. Lowers blood cholesterol due to improved lipid metabolism. It:
- Preparations based on herbal ingredients, dietary supplements or nutritional supplements. The plant extracts, fish oil and vitamins contained in these preparations help to quickly lower LDL and increase HDL in the blood. It:
Any medications from the above groups should be prescribed only by the attending physician. Even dietary supplements, which at first glance look completely harmless, can have negative consequences if they are taken incorrectly, because the herbs that make up them are also medicines.