Microsoft Lync is an instant messaging client application used in a corporate environment. It can also be used during presentations to share the desktop or programs of someone else's computer, which makes it possible to conduct virtual conferences or meetings.
- It is recommended that you set the status to Busy or Do Not Disturb when you are in a meeting or when someone is showing your screen so that you are not disturbed at this time.
Connect using the messaging service
- If it is not in the contact list, you can find it in the search field. To start a conversation, double-click on the name. The chat window will open.
- You are in virtual conference mode.
- All conference participants see messages from all participants.
Exchange with conference participants
- Each of them will have to accept this invitation to see what you show them.
- Be careful when choosing this item, as you may accidentally share sensitive information. Before that, close all unnecessary programs and documents.
- Select the appropriate program.
- You can choose more than one program.
- If you choose a PowerPoint presentation, you will need to specify the file you want to share. Once the file is uploaded, it will appear on the right side of the chat window. Navigate through the slides with arrow icons below. To help you with your presentation, there are several different tools in the lower left corner.
- To help you with your presentation, there are various tools in the lower left corner of the window.
- The right panel will become blank and another participant in the conference will be able to share.