Many can no longer imagine their morning without a cup of hot strong coffee. Its aroma and unforgettable taste helps you wake up faster and energize for the whole day. But hot drinks are good in the cold season, and in summer you want at least a little cool, so you can make coffee with ice.
This recipe allows you to get an invigorating refreshing drink without much effort. All you need is:
- a cup of strong espresso brewed in the usual way
- a few tablespoons of condensed milk,
- ice cubes.
Add condensed milk to coffee and mix thoroughly. After that, take a tall glass and put the ice to half volume. Pour the drink in a thin stream. It remains only to gently mix the components with a spoon or cocktail tube.
As decoration, you can use slices of orange or cherry. Iced coffee is quite suitable for serving at any celebration.
With the addition of nutty liquor
Iced coffee made using this method is more suitable for parties or any kind of celebration. The resulting cocktail has a piquant taste and unique aroma. Stock up on the components:
- a cup of your favorite espresso
- sugar syrup
- melted chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of nutty liquor
- a few ice cubes.
Pour espresso in the usual way into a bowl. Send sugar syrup, liquor and melted chocolate there. Using a mixer, mix everything until smooth. Crush the ice cubes into a sufficiently small crumb and place them in glass wine glasses. Pour the prepared mixture on top.
Such a recipe will allow you to get a tasty and unusual cocktail, which is not ashamed to treat even the most demanding guests.
This recipe will help you get delicious vanilla mocha. Such a cocktail will not only refresh in the heat, but also energize. To prepare it you need:
- a cup of strong espresso
- a quarter cup of ice
- a quarter cup of low-fat cream
- a tablespoon of chocolate syrup,
- vanilla ice cream,
- some whipped cream.
Such iced coffee will have a sufficiently high calorie content. Therefore, drinking it too often is not recommended. It’s better to pamper yourself only occasionally. Mix all components with a blender. Pour the resulting mass into glasses. Put a small amount of whipped cream on top.
Another way of making ice "Mocha", similar to the previous one, but a little easier. Beat chilled coffee and cream (1 tablespoon) in a mixer with sugar (1 coffee spoon). Serve in wine glasses with a straw or tall glasses.
For lovers of unusual tastes, the following iced coffee recipe is more suitable. You will need the ingredients:
- fresh espresso
- fresh low-fat cream
- half a teaspoon of almond extract
- a pinch of ground cinnamon,
- ice and sugar.
Mix coffee with almond extract and cream. If desired, you can add a small amount of sugar. Put ice in tall glass goblets. Pour the prepared mixture in a thin stream. Powder with a little cinnamon on top.
- freshly made strong espresso
- mineral water.
In coffee, add sugar to taste, cool, pour into molds for freezing water, put in the freezer, where coffee can be stored for a long time. Pour frozen coffee cubes before use with cold or mineral water, which is more preferable.
This method will give freshness in the hot summer. To prepare one serving of lemonade you will need:
- ice - 2 or 3 cubes,
- caramel syrup - one teaspoon,
- freshly brewed coffee (11 g arabica coffee per 150 ml of water),
- sparkling water - 250 ml,
- mint with lemon for decoration.
Pour caramel syrup into the bottom of a tall glass, add ice and sparkling water. Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the mixture. Add coffee brewed according to your favorite recipe. If you cooked it in Turkish or Arabic, then pour through a strainer, filtering the thick. Garnish a glass with a slice of lemon and mint leaves.
If you are preparing a drink for two, then simply multiply the ingredients by two.
The soft creamy taste is different cocktail made by the method of cold cappuccino. For him you will need:
- cup of espresso
- a glass of fresh milk
- a tablespoon of chocolate syrup,
- two ice cubes
- some cinnamon and sugar.
Mix espresso with chocolate syrup and milk. Beat the mixture with a blender until foamy. Add ice, some sugar and cinnamon. Pour into glasses and serve to the table.
A cold drink will give you a special treat. Its soft sophisticated taste will not leave indifferent even the most real gourmets.
We also recommend reading: how to make coffee with ice cream.
Iced coffee: European classic
No one dares to name the time when the tradition appeared to add ice to coffee. Some researchers believe that such coffee was served even in some courtyards of the Middle Eastern rulers in the Middle Ages. The goal was not cooling the drink at all, but a demonstration of luxury, because ice was a curiosity and it was delivered from Russia and Europe with special caravans.
European iced coffee recipes date back to about 100 years ago. The invention of the refrigerator ensured the mass distribution of the recipe.
Now ice coffee can be tasted in most coffee houses in the world. Such coffee is very popular in the USA. There they use it as a cold power engineer all year round.
Not only ice coffee, but also some other varieties of popular coffee drinks and cocktails are sometimes classified as ice coffee recipes.
- Iced coffee. “Glasse” in translation from French means “freeze”, but ice cream is used to prepare the recipe. However, they can serve the finished drink with ice.
- Coffee frappe. A thick coffee cocktail made from chilled espresso or instant coffee, milk, ice cream and syrup. All ingredients are whipped in a shaker or blender. Frappe is served in a glass with finely chopped ice. Sometimes ice is added to the shaker for better whipping.
Iced Coffee Recipes
The most affordable, one might say classic, iced coffee recipe will require not so much effort as patience.
What should be done?
- Brew natural coffee. Proportions for cezve: 3 teaspoons of coffee and 120 ml of water.
- Add sugar or honey to hot coffee to taste. Stir and let cool.
- Strain the cooled coffee twice to get rid of sediment.
- If coffee is from an automatic coffee machine, then two servings of espresso are needed, in which you need to put sugar and also cool.
- In a tall glass or champagne glass, put a few ice cubes and pour them with chilled coffee.
- You can decorate the drink with whipped cream, nuts and grated chocolate.
- Serve with a straw.
Aromatic ice will give coffee a new, original taste. To do this, add fragrant herbs, vanilla extract, caramel, rum or flower flavor to the water for freezing. Ice cubes from a mixture of water and cocoa powder will enhance the taste of coffee, give a deep chocolate shade.
American iced coffee
Coffee according to this recipe can be tasted not only in bars and coffee houses, but also with friends. The recipe is very popular and many people cook it at home.
- First, coffee is also brewed and cooled. With the advent of the idea of cold brewing, an ice drink is made on the basis of cold brus.
- A tall glass is filled with ice cubes. It is better if they are small in size, not chipped.
- Fill a glass to half the volume with cold coffee.
- Cold milk is added, then sugar to taste.
- Coffee is served with a straw.
Instead of sugar, it is better to take your favorite syrup. It dissolves much better and gives the drink a pleasant twist.
Vietnamese iced coffee
So the recipe is called in the States and consider it quite exotic. On the contrary, he will seem to us very familiar.
- A glass is filled with ice.
- Pour 2/3 of chilled coffee.
- Put 2-3 tablespoons of condensed milk. The approximate proportion is 1 tablespoon for every 150 ml of volume.
- Served with a straw.
Golden iced coffee
This recipe may seem unusual, but try it at least out of curiosity. It is ideal for vegetarians or those who fast.
- Mix soy or coconut milk with turmeric and vanilla. For 100 ml of milk, you need 1/3 teaspoon of turmeric, 1-2 vanilla seeds. Stir well and heat, but do not boil. The mixture will turn a golden color. Cool to room temperature.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour in cold coffee to half the volume of a glass.
- Add milk with spices.
- At the end, put honey or cinnamon syrup to taste.
Cream coffee with ice
For this recipe you will need:
- Cottage cheese (from 1.5 to 9% fat) - 40-50 g.
- Milk - 40-50 ml.
- Cocoa powder - 2 teaspoons.
- Caramel syrup - 2 teaspoons.
- Powdered milk or dried cream (can be of vegetable origin) - 2 tablespoons.
- Chipped ice - 1 cup.
- Cold coffee - 150 ml.
- A pinch of salt.
Add finely chopped ice to the blender bowl. The more ice, the thicker your cocktail will be. Put all the ingredients in a blender and beat them until a homogeneous, fluffy mass is obtained. Serve the cocktail with a glass goblet, with whipped cream and salted caramel syrup.
Properties of Iced Coffee
If you are planning to decorate your summer menu with iced coffee recipes, then consider its properties and effect on the body.
- Cold-brewed coffee contains much more caffeine than ordinary espresso or oriental coffee. Therefore, cold blue is often called coffee extract. If you monitor caffeine consumption, use a brew made in cezve to make iced coffee.
- The calorie content in a serving of iced coffee according to the classic recipe with two teaspoons of syrup is about 45-50 kcal.
- All flavors - milk, condensed milk, sugar, honey, syrup - add calories to the drink.
- Quench thirst with this drink will not work. Coffee removes water from the body, and sweet additives provoke another attack of thirst.
Is iced coffee harmful to tooth enamel?
If there are no cracks and injuries on the tooth enamel that cause the nerve of the tooth to react to a low temperature, then iced coffee does no harm. The combination of hot coffee and ice water for teeth with damaged enamel is much more dangerous, as sharp temperature changes can expand and deepen microcracks.
Iced coffee has an even drink temperature, therefore it is safe for healthy teeth.
Can I drink iced coffee before bed?
Iced coffee has a relatively high caffeine content, from 90 to 220 mg per serving. Therefore, it can interfere with good and healthy sleep. However, if the coffee contains sugar, milk, syrup, then the effect of caffeine is weakened.
- Coffee with ice, prepared on the basis of Cold Bru, is better to drink in the morning, until 15-16 hours due to the high caffeine content.
- Cocktails based on iced coffee with milk, cream syrup and other ingredients can be consumed for afternoon tea or in the evening, 3-4 hours before bedtime.
- If you are afraid of getting too much vigor, then use decaffeinated grains. From them you can cook and cold pants, in which there will be a minimum amount of caffeine.
- Iced coffee is chilled coffee that has ice added.
- You can cook on the basis of cold pants.
- Suitable for cocktails.
- Contains a lot of caffeine.
- It cools, but does not quench your thirst.
Do you like iced coffee?
How to cook
Ice latte needs a tall ceramic or glass goblet. The best option is an Irish coffee glass, the so-called irish glass.
- Pour milk into an iron mug or small saucepan and boil it, then set aside to cool.
- Make an espresso. In the absence of a carob coffee machine, you can brew strong coffee in the way that is familiar to you (in a Turk, drip or geyser coffee machine). Freshly brewed coffee also leave to cool to room temperature.
- Pour cold boiled milk into a glass ¼ of its volume.
- Gently pour the syrup. Syrup can be any, but it is recommended to use chocolate or coffee.
- Put a few ice cubes in a glass with milk and syrup.
- Pour cold coffee.
If desired, ice latte can be decorated with a hat of whipped cream, on which you can sprinkle finely grated chocolate or ground cinnamon.
What is ice latte
Ice latte is a type of coffee preparation technique. But unlike classic latte, this drink is served cold.
Yes, it’s cold! And thanks to its cooking technology, it has significant differences in taste and aromatic characteristics from its hot counterpart.
The specificity of preparing such an interpretation of latte is that all the ingredients of the drink are mixed in a cold state.
Iced latte perfectly satisfies thirst, gives coolness and delights with amazing taste. Therefore, a similar interpretation of coffee will be a godsend in the hot season.
What ingredients will be needed
To make a cold latte, not many ingredients are required:
As for syrups, it all depends solely on preferences:
- dessert - chocolate, vanilla, coconut, etc.,
From the set of initial products necessary for preparing iced latte, it is clear that milk, cream and syrup additives give the drink additional energy value. Well and, of course, add calories.
The average portion of ice latte accounts for:
- 3.3 gr. proteins
- 3.7 gr. fat
- 12.5 g carbohydrates.
Calorie iced latte ranges from 90 to 120 kcal per standard serving. Cream is not taken into account. The rest of the calorie content depends on the initial set of products: the fat content of milk, the type of syrup and even coffee.
Ice Latte Recipes
How to make cold latte? If you want to treat yourself to a delicious, coffee cocktail, then you can use one of the recipes offered below.
There are 2 options for making iced latte:
- using a blender or shaker.
Consider each option in more detail.
Manual cold latte recipe
To make a cold coffee drink, take the following ingredients:
- ½ cup milk
- 60 ml freshly brewed espresso,
- 1 teaspoon of syrup
- 6-8 ice cubes.
Let's start cooking:
- First of all, you need to brew fresh espresso. You can prepare the basis for latte according to any recipe. In our case, we prepare espresso at the rate of 1 tablespoon of freshly ground beans in 60 ml of water.
- We leave the prepared espresso and let it cool.
- Now you need to boil the milk until foam appears, and then send it to cool. This is a kind of milk sterilization.
- We take an irish glass - it is ideally suited to the case with cold latte. It needs to pour cooled milk.
- Add the syrup to the milk. Here we are already guided by our own taste and individual preferences. Someone likes refreshing cocktails, so often uses mint syrup, someone prefers berry tastes, and for someone a chocolate cocktail will be a treat.
- Then we take the ice and carefully, cube by cube, drop into a glass.
- Now it’s the turn of introducing cooled espresso into the drink. Carefully, pour a thin stream of coffee into the glass along the wall. This will avoid mixing layers of the cocktail.
This completes the preparation of a delicious coffee drink. If desired, you can decorate the cocktail with cinnamon, grated chocolate, coconut, crushed nuts or peaks of whipped cream.
Cooking cold latte in a blender / shaker
The list of ingredients in this recipe is similar to the previous iced latte. The difference is only in the technology of mixing layers:
- We begin by tradition with the preparation of the base - espresso. By the way, you can adjust its strength at your discretion. After all, not everyone likes strong coffee, but perhaps, on the contrary, there is a desire to make a more invigorating cocktail. Freshly espresso sent to cool to room temperature.
- We warm the milk until the foam cap appears and allow it to cool completely.
- Pour cooled milk into the blender / shaker bowl. By the way, for preparing iced latte a submersible or stationary blender is better, but not with large knives. The latter is suitable for grinding products - it will not beat the drink to the desired consistency. An ideal option is a shaker.
- Add the syrup to the milk. It is better not to experiment with the amount of syrup, since it is sold in concentrated form, and enumeration in fractional proportions will make the drink unsuitable for consumption.
- Beat milk with syrup until a homogeneous, slightly foamy consistency is obtained. Add the cooled espresso to the resulting milk mass and whisk again.
- Put ice in a glass. And here it is better to adhere to the specified proportion. A large amount of ice in a cocktail will turn it into a liquid and not very tasty drink.
- Fill the ice with the resulting coffee and milk mass.
Similar to the previous version, ice latte can be decorated with various additives. Но он и без того является вкусным напитком.
Такой коктейль уж точно придется по душе всем ценителям кофе. Также можно попробовать сделать холодный latte на основе кофе без кофеина. This is the case when you cannot or do not want to drink a strong drink, but you really want to treat yourself to a coffee cocktail.
How to serve a drink
Like classic latte, a cold interpretation is served in irish glasses. In this case, the saucer does not quite fit with a cold drink, but for aesthetic reasons, it is still better to serve ice latte on the saucer with a napkin. A good addition would be a tube.
And instead of a conclusion, I would like to say: if you like latte, then you will definitely like the cold interpretation of this drink.
It will be especially relevant in the hot days of summer. Iced latte perfectly quenches thirst, invigorates and cools in the sultry heat. And to prepare this delicious drink, you will not need so many ingredients, time and effort. Drink coffee with pleasure!